Did you know?
- 2 Weeks to 3 Months: risk of heart attack begins to drop, and lung function begins to improve.
- 1 to 9 Months: coughing and shortness of breath decrease.
- 1 Year: heart attack risk drops sharply.
- 2 to 5 Years: stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker’s.
- 5 Years: risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, and bladder is cut in half.
- 10 Years: risk of dying from lung cancer is about half of a smoker’s, and risk of cancer of the kidney and pancreas decreases.
- 15 Years: risk of coronary heart disease is back to that of a non-smoker’s.
You Don’t have to quit in one day. Start with day one.
The Breathing Association is proud to participate in The Great American Smokeout. This day is sponsored by the American Cancer Society to help you find the resources and support to stop smoking – the single largest preventable cause of death and illness in the world.
The Breathing Association will be at their Lung Health Clinic for The Great American Smokeout from 8am to 4 pm offering Smoking Cessation treatment services.
Our walk-in Lung Health Clinic is open Monday through Thursday from 8am to 4pm located at 788 Mount Vernon Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43203. You can also reach us at our hotline number 614-437-1540. Telehealth option available.