Summer Crisis Program
The Summer Crisis Program (SCP) is for electric utility assistance only and assists households with payments for utility bills to provide households with relief from the heat.
Summer Crisis Program Requirements:
Households must be at or below a gross annual income of 175% of the federal poverty level (see chart below) and also meet one of the following criteria:
- 60 years and older – no disconnect notice is needed
- Medical letter or prescription from a licensed medical professional qualified under Ohio law and documenting a medical condition
- In PIPP default or getting First PIPP assistance
(You do not have to be enrolled in PIPP to be eligible for the Summer Crisis Program.)
- A household member diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 12-months may provide written letter as proof
- A disconnect or shut off notice or new service from an electric utility
(You do not need a disconnect notice to be eligible for the program.)
Eligible Households Can Receive:
- Up to $500.00 if they are a customer of a regulated utility (AEP and Edison)
- Up to $800.00 if they are a customer of unregulated utilities such as electric cooperatives and municipal utilities
- One window air-conditioner unit and/or up to 2 fans (if they have not received one in the years 2018, 2019 and 2020)
- Central air conditioning repairs (more details at your appointment)
Documents Required for Assistance:
- Picture ID for the Head of Household
- Social Security Cards or numbers for all household members
- Proof of Citizenship for all household members such as:
- Birth certificates, voter registration, etc. OR Proof of
- legal residence in the United States
- (I-9, Green Card, etc. for all household members)
- Birthdates for all household members
- Gross household income for the last 30 days (Earned income for anyone 18 years and older and all unearned income for all household members)
- Documentation of ZERO income
- If permanently disabled, verification of your disability (example: social security disability award letter)
- If Self-employed; IRS 1040 with all schedules or tax transcript
- Bring gas and electric bills if applicable
To Make an Appointment:
To make an appointment at our main office, call 24 hours a day, holidays, weekends or workdays at (614) 969-0978.
Offices closed daily, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. and all day on state and federal holidays.
Phone interviews are provided for families who desire to remain home for social distancing purposes or for health issues.
For households with more than eight members, add $7,945 to the 12-month income or add $653.01 to the 30-day income for each additional member.