Summer Crisis Program
The Summer Crisis Program (SCP) is for electric utility assistance only and assists households with payments for utility bills to provide households with relief from the heat.
Summer Crisis Program Requirements:
Households must be at or below a gross annual income of 175% of the federal poverty level (see chart below) and also meet one of the following criteria:
- 60 years and older – no disconnect notice is needed
- Medical letter or prescription from a licensed medical professional qualified under Ohio law and documenting a medical condition
- In PIPP default or getting PIPP for the first time
- A disconnect or shut off notice or new service from an electric utility
Walk-in Crisis appointments will be scheduled for service within 24 hours by telephone; call 614-969-0978.
Eligible Households Can Receive:
- Up to $500.00 if they are a customer of a regulated utility (AEP and Edison)
- Up to $800.00 if they are a customer of unregulated utilities such as electric cooperatives and municipal utilities
- One window air-conditioner unit and/or up to 2 fans (if they have not received one in the years 2020, 2021 and 2022)
- Central air conditioning repairs (more details at your appointment)
Documents Required for Assistance:
- Picture ID for the Head of Household
- Social Security Cards or numbers for all household members
- Proof of Citizenship for all household members such as: Birth certificates, voter registration, etc. OR Proof of legal residence in the United States (I-9, Green Card, etc. for all household members)
- Birthdates for all household members
- Gross household income for the last 30 days (Earned income for anyone 18 years and older and all unearned income for all household members)
- Documentation of ZERO income
- If permanently disabled, verification of your disability (example: social security disability award letter)
- If Self-employed; IRS 1040 with all schedules or tax transcript
- Bring gas and electric bills if applicable
To Make an Appointment:
To make an appointment at our main office, call 24 hours a day, holidays, weekends or workdays at (614) 969-0978.
(Click location below for more information)
|TBA Main Office||Monday through Friday||7 a.m. – 5 p.m.||(614) 457-2997|
|OhioHealth East Side
(No walk-ins, appointments only)
|Monday through Friday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||(614) 566-0750|
|Gladden||Wednesdays||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.||(614) 566-0750|
|Columbus Metropolitan Library – Linden Branch||Thursdays||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.||(614) 457-2997|
|Karl Road Library||Mondays||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.||(614) 457-2997|
Offices closed daily, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. and all day on state and federal holidays.
Phone interviews are provided for families who desire to remain home for social distancing purposes or for health issues.
2021 -2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines listed below:
||One Month Income||Twelve Months Income|
Households with more than eight members must add $8,260 to the yearly income or $678.90 to the 30-day income for each additional member.