At Home For Seniors
At Home for Seniors is a program that improves the health of seniors by reducing barriers to care. We bring education, treatment, and follow-up services directly to their homes, senior centers, churches and other locations.
Medical professionals from The Breathing Association meet seniors where they are and provide education, resources, assessments, and referrals for lung health conditions such as asthma, COPD, and tobacco cessation.
Initial appointments include a health evaluation from which our staff will develop a plan for education, diagnosis, and treatment. Our staff will then provide follow-up care and resources to help improve lung health and quality of life.
- Vital sign assessment (blood pressure, heart rate, pulse oximetry, temperature, respirations, and weight)
- A1C and blood glucose check
- COPD assessment
- Vaccine administration (influenza, COVID-19 boosters, and pneumonia)
- Education about living with chronic lung diseases
- Medication education
- Breathing techniques to reduce shortness of breath
- Aerobic exercise education
- Respiratory health resources (mattress and pillow covers)
- CPAP and BiPAP mask fitting and education
- Health self-monitoring education
- Supplemental oxygen education
- ADL education
- Smoking cessation resources