At Home For Seniors
At Home For Seniors is a program that improves the health of seniors and reduces barriers to care by bringing education, treatment, and follow-up services directly to their homes.
Our medical professionals meet seniors where they are (home, senior center, our mobile medical unit, etc.) and provide education, resources, assessments, and referrals for lung health conditions such as asthma, COPD, and tobacco cessation.
At the initial appointment, your health will be evaluated and our staff will work with you to develop a plan for education, diagnosis, and treatment. Our staff will then provide follow-up care and resources to help improve lung health and quality of life.
- Vital sign assessment (blood pressure, heart rate, pulse oximetry, temperature, respirations, and weight)
- A1C and blood glucose check
- COPD assessment
- Vaccine administration (influenza, COVID-19 boosters, and pneumonia)
- Education about living with chronic lung diseases
- Medication education
- Breathing techniques to reduce shortness of breath
- Aerobic exercise education
- Respiratory health resources (vacuum cleaners, incontinent supplies, and mattress pads)
- CPAP and BiPAP mask fitting and education
- Health self-monitoring education
- Supplemental oxygen education
- ADL education
- Smoking cessation resources