Kick the Nic
Over 14% of American High Schools students and 3% of Middle School Students report current e-cigarette (vaping) usage. These adolescents are particularly vulnerable to the highly addictive effects of nicotine because this early use can seriously damage a child’s health prior to reaching adulthood and create a life-long addiction. The best way to combat this high level of use is to give our kids the tools they need to never start.
The Breathing Association has created an interactive program called Kick the Nic for students in Central Ohio. This program educates kids about the dangers of nicotine use and the importance of prevention. Through discussions about the health effects of vaping and nicotine, the impacts of peer pressure and the manipulative nature of nicotine marketing, students are given concrete ways to remain nicotine-free.
Free programming customized for your setting
It’s important to reach students where they are, so Kick the Nic can be delivered in multiple formats to suit your specific group and setting:
- Content and activities can be tailored for students aged 10-18
- Suitable for school settings, after school programs, youth groups, neighborhood associations and anyplace else kids gather
- Course frequency and length can be modified to fit your group’s needs, including:
- Our “Standard Track” featuring five, 30 minute weekly sessions
- Our “Fast Track” that delivers the program content in a one hour session
By reaching school-aged children before they start, we can give kids a greater chance of living nicotine-free throughout their lives.